University Museum and Art Gallery The University of Hong Kong
90 Bonham Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong 香港般咸道九十號
T: (852) 2241 5500
Opening Hours
Mon to Sat 9:30 am-6 pm, Sun 1:00-6:00 pm 星期一至六 上午九時三十分至下午六時 星期日 下午一時至六時
Dr. KNOTHE, Florian
Contact Person

>> See map

The University Museum and Art Gallery of The Hong Kong University

The University Museum and Art Gallery (UMAG) is conveniently located at the main entrance of The University of Hong Kong on Bonham Road.

The museum is housed in the Fung Ping Shan Building and the lower three storeys of the T T Tsui Building. The Fung Ping Shan Building was donated to The University of Hong Kong by Mr Fung Ping-shan in 1932 for a Chinese book library. In 1953, the building was converted into the Fung Ping Shan Museum of Chinese art and archaeology. With its extension to the T T Tsui Building in 1996, the Museum changed its title to the “University Museum and Art Gallery”.

The new wing of the Museum was built with a generous donation by Dr T T Tsui, and was officially opened in November 1996. Since its inception in 1953, the UMAG has received continuous support from donors, artists, collectors and the University. Its collections have grown to over one thousand and eighty items of Chinese antiquities, notably bronzes, ceramics and paintings.

  • building